Today offices around the UK forgot about their diets and stuffed themselves with cake all in aid of MacMillan Cancer support and their Worlds Biggest Coffee morning fundraising event.
Any excuse for a bit of baking and this was no exception – I wanted to do something different for my office so moved away from my fairly standard cupcakes and made Salted Caramel Millionaires Slices.
Or in other words, a heart attack in a slice!
Recipe came courtesy of Simon Rimmer on BBC2s ‘Something for the Weekend’ (old programme I know)
- 175g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod seeds
- 225g plain flour
- 200g butter
- 1 x 397g can condensed milk
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 350g milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180/350/Gas 4 and grease and line 20cm square cake tin
- Rub butter sugar flour and vanilla together to make rough dough and press into tin. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for 5 mins then reduce temp to 150/300/Gas 2 and bake for further 35 mins.
- Leave to cool in tin
- Place caramel ingredients in saucepan, bring to boil then boil for 10 mins
- Spread over biscuit and allow to cool until just hard
- Melt chocolate in Bain Marie and pour over caramel
- Leave to set in fridge. Once thoroughly cooked, remove from tin and cut into squares
Went down a treat!