My partner decided that 2015 is going to be the year when he cooks for me at least once a week.
The first attempt was last night – not entirely done alone, but a tasty and great start – Chilli Crab with Parpadelle (although we had linguine)
A little bit of a faff for a week night dinner, but tasty none-the-less.
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 400g ripe plum tomatoes – peeled, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely diced
- 300g fresh pasta
- 1 green chilli – de-seeded and finely chopped
- 300g fresh crabmeat (this is A LOT of crabmeat – I used a 100g pot from Seafood and Eat It)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- A squeeze of lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, add half the garlic and cook until softened. Add tomatoes and cook on high heat for 5 -7 minutes until sauce has thickened. Take off heat and set aside.
- Add the fennel and pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook for 3-4 mins until pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic, chilli and crabmeat and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and chopped parsley.
- Drain the pasta and fennel and add to tomato sauce. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then serve seasoned with a squeeze of lemon juice and a crack of black pepper.